We caught up with one of our favourite Sydney bands, CHICKS WHO LOVE GUNS the other day. The boys are releasing some new vinyl. Mmmmmmm vinyl smells so nice. Anyways mid way thru eating burritos and smoking a hot one we noticed some Aliens amongst us. True story. Here’s what the aliens told CWLG to say. Keep rockin legends!
Our friends at LABEL STATE were kind enough to hook up some of the acts playing at MY BONDI RIOT this week with T SHIRTS.
If you rock up on Saturday be sure to bring some extra coin to support this cool t-shirt incentive which basically helps bands get their merch out there without the crazy overheads. Sometimes it can cost a band between $350 – $500 before their t-shirts surface. LABEL STATE do all the hard work for you and send the tees to the fans door without any financial stress to the artist. So we encourage any band or creatives starting out to get on board with these cool cats and get your t-shirts quickly online and out there to your fans.
You can sign up HERE!
Check out our tees and some cool artist tees which are available right online now and at the show. Rad!
Hey friends! Got nothing to do over the Queens Birthday Long Weekend? then join us on Saturday 8 June when we celebrate our love for independent music and art culture when we bring together some of the best up and coming independent bands on the scene today;
We invited some of our favourite Sydney bands THE JONES RIVAL,CHICKS WHO LOVE GUNS, FAIT ACCOMPLI, FIRESAINT, STICKY FINGERS, THE CHITTICKS, THE RUMINATERS, BANG! BANG! ROCK N’ ROLL to pop around for a little Q & A.
We were originally going to make the videos really short, but all the bands had some really interesting answers and that in itself was kinda refreshing.
This is the first part to a series of videos we are putting together to help push a new live music night RIOT RADIO which we are launching at THE BACKROOM in Sydney on THURSDAY 11 APRIL.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
w- FAIT ACCOMPLI
dj PATISSO (Shane from DZ DEATHRAYS)
2 Roslyn St, Potts Point, Sydney
Doors 8pm / Tix $10
Presale Tix from HERE
Artist: CHICKS WHO LOVE GUNS
City: Sydney, NSW
Members: Cass, Mitchell, Jack, Mody, Xavier
CHICKS WHO LOVE GUNS are a sick band from Sydney who like to party, tour and play loud ear splintering live shows. If you’ve been lucky enough to hang out with these guys you’d understand that this band dig each others company and basically life’s a breeze, especially when members of your band are actually good friends and most of the bullshit (ego’s, dramas ie; emotional and psychological) are non-existent, which makes for more time to have fun and make music.
CHICKS WHO LOVE GUNS are definitely not a sit around prance all talk no walk kinda band, they’re the real deal and their output is impressive for an independent band living in Sydney. Constantly putting out fresh new releases and kick arse video’s is key to their future success. Their latest awesome video ‘MOON EATER’ shows a band who doesn’t really give a shit about what people think and they just do what they want.
Their song ideas are strong and nothing ever gets boring. The tempo slows down only to go up again and everyone gets dragged along for the good times.
2013 should be a kick arse year for these guys and their future releases (with the right support around them) will elevate CWLG from underground show smashers to street level Zombie killers. Pretty sure the ears bleeding comes free of charge.
If there are combinations for success in music then CHICKS WHO LOVE GUNS have it in spades, they just have to ride out the storm that is the Sydney music scene and eventually they will rise above.
VOTE 1 CHICKS WHO LOVE GUNS!
DISCOVER CHICKS WHO LOVE GUNS!
Over the next 21 days we’ll be featuring a band per day online from this special list of independent bands from Sydney and around Australia. Stay tuned and discover something new. Who knows? your next favourite band might be right here!
MY SYDNEY RIOT have been invited to bring the party times to MUM, one of Sydney’s favourite live music nights which takes place every Friday at World Bar in Kings Cross. So like all things RIOT we’ve pulled together some of our favourite bands from Sydney and all around to bring the ruckus. So cancel all your plans and head to MUM this Friday 2 November for a jam-packed party night with 9 Kick Ass Bands, MUM DJ’s and Good Times!
MY SYDNEY RIOT, MUM & SAILOR JERRY presents over two rockin stages…
“MY SYDNEY RIOT TAKES OVER MUM”
CHICKS WHO LOVE GUNS
BEC AND BEN
CRASS CREATURES (Brisbane)
DEAD BEAR (Batemans Bay)
$6 SAILOR JERRY ALL NIGHT!!
FREE ENTRY BEFORE 11PM / $10 AFTER 11PM if you get on the MY SYDNEY RIOT Door List. CLICK HERE or email your door list to firstname.lastname@example.org /// $15 without door list.
MUM, WORLD BAR
24 Bayswater Rd, Kings Cross
The Free MY PUSSY RIOT Compilation will officially be launched on Friday night. Available for free download from HERE
This weekend SAILOR JERRY will officially be launching in Australia and to celebrate the occasion they invited a bunch of cool bands to come together to help them kick off the summer vibes and all things good times rock n’ roll.
They’ll be unveiling their brand new AIR STREAM (check video below) which will be travelling around the Country spreading the love over the summer. There will also be BBQ, tattoo artistry, give aways and so much more.
The Ferry leaves Circular Quay 10 past every hour, so get yourself over to Cockatoo Island yeah? Cool? Alright!
Here are some details…
THU 11 OCT **WEATHER PERMITTING
SAMOAN PUNKS- 7PM
**COME AND CHECK OUT THE AIR STREAM FROM 12 PM NOON DOORS 5PM /// LAST DRINKS 8.30PM
FERRY OFF ISLAND – 8.10 PM, 10.10 PM
FRI 12 OCT
PIRATES ALIVE- 6PM
**ISLAND OPEN FROM 12 PM NOON
EVENT STARTS 5PM /// LAST DRINKS 8.30PM
FERRY TO ISLAND FROM CIRCULAR QUAY
4PM, 4.40 PM, 4.55 PM, 5 PM, 5.30 PM, 6.08 PM
FERRY OFF ISLAND – 8.10 PM, 10.10 PM
SAT 13 OCT
FAIT ACCOMPLI- 6.15PM
CHICKS WHO LOVE GUNS- 4.30PM
**ISLAND OPEN FROM 12 PM NOONEVENT STARTS 2PM /// LAST DRINKS 8.30PM
IT’S THE WEEKEND! COME OUT EARLY AND ENJOY THE FESTIVITIES!!
FERRY OFF ISLAND – 6.44 PM, 7.44 PM, 8.56 PM, 10.06 PM
SUN 14 OCT
PAT CAPOCCI- 6.15PM
BEC AND BEN- 4.30PM
**ISLAND OPEN / EVENT STARTS 12 PM NOON /// LAST DRINKS 7PM
LAST DAY! COME OUT EARLY AND ENJOY THE FESTIVITIES!!
FERRY OFF ISLAND – 6.44 PM, 7.44 PM
Facebook Event HERE
One of our most favourite Sydney bands are 5-some CHICKS WHO LOVE GUNS. The last time we saw them play we were all feelin pretty seedy. Anyway in our state of drunkenness we looked up to the stage and figured out that if Kurt Cobain had five boys then these guys would be them.
End of story, just go and see them tonight at The Standard because they are a fully hectic sick band. And you need to eat pizza from Olympic Yeeros on Oxford st after the show and talk about aliens with randoms later.
Shit and the support bands are totally awesome too, The Ottomans (QLD), Sweet Teeth & Doc Holliday Takes The Shotgun.
Rock n’ Roll!
Facebook event HERE
While we were busy writing jokes for the internet we noticed that there are many, many things to do in Sydney this weekend. So we got the intern to write us a list of what we would go to if we were had the capacity to do everything all at once. Our intern did this while balancing on one leg and rolling joints at the same time. So talented.
MY SYDNEY RIOT TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN SYDNEY THIS WEEKEND
1. OUTPOST PROJECT A festival celebrating and featuring the work of some of this country’s most amazing street artists and our favourites BEASTMAN, ANTHONY LISTER and of course BEN FROST. Cockatoo Island and alot of art everywhere for all ages. Get on the ferry, take your family, take someone else’s family. Do it!
2. BETTY AIRS will be launching their single at THE ROXBURY on Saturday night in Glebe. Awesome band, featuring Darren (ex gerling) and Pat (ex- Vines and the nicest / genuinely friendly man in rock n’ roll) guests THE BUNGALOWS & FLIGHT.
3. BAND OF HORSES are playing in a big stadium out in Homebush. They sound great loud and will take you back to that festival where everyone was on those drugs that make you want to hug, laugh and cry at the same time. Opening for KOL tonight and tomorrow, Acer? Yeah?.
4. STICKY FINGERS w- special guests THE BUNGALOWS & GANASCHZ at THE ANNANDALE HOTEL. Tonight! This gig will be rowdy and fun for those who like the spliff, reggae and half naked girls who love the spliff and the reggae. Jah mun! Did you hear them boys on FBi the other night? they need their own radio show.
5. Tonight! CHICKS WHO LOVE GUNS are also playin, but at a different venue, SPECTRUM. It’s new and shiny. They Rock!!!! They could be the next most exciting band in this city. They really could be. LET ME DOWN + JUNGLE MAN open the show. Will be LOUD!
6. GHETTO BLASTER at Q Bar. They’ll have a skate ramp up in that place. Take note skaters. Plus it’s always a fun time up there. Art, bands and alot of party. IT really feels like a time warp when you go up there. Ghetto Blaster crew know how to organise a crazy shin dig. Yew!
7. ANTHONY LISTER (image above) has an art exhibition taking place in a strip joint somewhere in China Town town? By RSVP only, so apologies in advance art fans. Lister is cool.
8. OUTPOST PROJECT Seriously this event is amazing, get down there. Entry fee is your ferry ticket alone. You have all month to get down there. So don’t miss it.
9. OXFORD ART FACTORY Well it’s always good for that 3am shuffle when you are looking for sanity and don’t want to go home just yet.
10. THE WRECK now named BUCKLERS CANTEEN, Bondi Beach for the hang over. Good food and you can always run down to the beach for a swim to clear your hangover. The party could well just start all over again.
If you say you know MY SYDNEY RIOT at any of these places, be ready to either gain free entry, a free drink or be escorted from the premises. ha ha! You can always give it a crack, not take crack.
PS: 11. SNOWTOWN OMFG! If you’re at home and just want to smoke bongs all weekend, well this movie will freak you the hell out. It is intense both psychologically and makes ANIMAL KINGDOM look like THE WIGGLES.